Beeswax mixture for repairing used wraps and making your own Beeswax wraps.
The Beeswax mixture consists of beeswax, coconut oil and tree resin. It is a special formula for beeswax wraps. All ingredients are food safe, organic and pesticide free.
Beeswax wraps last about 1 year. Through regular use and cleaning, the wraps lose their adhesion over time. With the beeswax repair mixture, this can easily be repaired and restored.
To create your own beeswax wraps you only need 1 piece (5 grams) plant wax per 150 - 300 cm2 cotton fabric. The exact amount depends on the weight of the cotton fabric.
Repair und DIY Beeswax Mixture
In the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 80 ° C
- Place baking paper on the baking sheet and place the beeswax wrap or new cotton cloth on it.
- Rub some beeswax mixture on the cloth with a cheese grater, distribute evenly and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and spread the liquid wax evenly with a brush.
- Let it cool and you're done.
With the iron:
- Place baking paper on a flat surface and place the beeswax wrap or cotton cloth on top.
- Rub some beeswax mixture on the cloth with a cheese grater, spread evenly and cover with a second baking paper.
- Iron in the wax with an iron.
- Let it cool, remove the baking paper and you're done.