Vegan plant wax mixture for repairing used vegan foodwraps and making your own vegan foodwraps.
The vegan plant wax mixture consists of candelilla wax, soy wax, coconut oil and tree resin. It is a special formula for vegan foodwraps. All ingredients are food safe, organic and pesticide free.
Vegan foodwraps last about 1 year. Through regular use and cleaning, the foodwraps lose their adhesion over time. With the vegan repair wax mixture, this can easily be repaired and restored.
To create your own vegan foodwraps you only need 1 piece (5 grams) plant wax per 150 - 300 cm2 cotton fabric. The exact amount depends on the weight of the cotton fabric.
Repair und DIY Plant Wax Mixture
In the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 80 ° C
- Place baking paper on the baking sheet and place the wax wrap or new cotton cloth on it.
- Rub some vegetable wax mixture on the cloth with a cheese grater, distribute evenly and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and spread the liquid wax evenly with a brush.
- Let it cool and you're done.
With the iron:
- Place baking paper on a flat surface and place the wax wrap or cotton cloth on top.
- Rub some vegetable wax mixture on the cloth with a cheese grater, distribute evenly and cover with a second baking paper.
- Iron in the wax with an iron.
- Let it cool, remove the baking paper and you're done.